November Order of the Arrow Update
Here’s the November update from your Lodge leadership…
- Winter Banquet was a great event! We held Lodge elections, presented awards, ran a pinewood derby (Trevor, Slade & Jeff took home trophies!), and enjoyed a BBQ dinner & fellowship. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this year’s Banquet a success.
- Congratulations to Ian B. the new Lodge Chief & Jacob S. the new Lodge Vice Chief. We know you’ll both do a great job leading our Lodge. Our heartfelt thanks to Jonathon B. for his hard work and dedication as Lodge Chief over the last year. We also want to congratulate Jonathon on achieving Eagle Scout – a significant and noteworthy accomplishment. We are proud of you! Note: We still need a Lodge Secretary, please see Ian if you’re interested.
- The 2016 Founder’s Award was presented to Jonathon B. & Bruce C. Thank you both for your outstanding support to the Lodge and demonstrating the spirit of selfless service advocated by our founder Dr. E. Urner Goodman & co-founder Col. Carroll A. Edson.
- We introduced the new Lodge patches: (1) a 3-piece red-white-blue set, (2) the 2016 Winter Banquet patch, and (3) the 2017 Medicine Mountain Scout Ranch (MMSR) Project patch. The new Lodge patches are on sale at the Scout Shop now! Great stocking stuffers!
- Upcoming event: The Lodge will be serving hot chocolate at Klondike, MMSR, 28 January.
- Section Conclave update: Crazy Horse Lodge will host the W2N Section Conclave at MMSR, 21-23 April. Conclave Vice Chief positions: Jonathon B. is Logistics Head, RJ C. is Service Projects, and Travis L. is Food. We still need a volunteer for Newspaper – if you’re interested, please let Ian know.
- NO LODGE MEETING THIS SUNDAY, 20 NOVEMBER. The Key 3 will meet in early December.
- You can now pay 2017 dues at the Scout Shop or on-line ($15)
- We’ve already started conducting Troop elections for the 2017 Ordeal season. Work with your PLC to schedule your Troop’s OA election & then let Ian know the date/time/place.
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/120822751332857/ or search Crazy Horse Lodge-171
If you have any questions or concerns about this update, please let Jeff know (firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 605.645.6925)
Stay involved in Lodge activities – we need everyone’s help to make our Lodge even better!
Yours in Cheerful Service,
Ian B., Lodge Chief
Jeff Merchant, Lodge Adviser
Bryan Combs, Staff Adviser