The Black Hills Area Council recharters using the Internet Rechartering module. This method for rechartering makes the whole process easier because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself—which ensures that it will be correct—and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you.
How it Works
A representative for each unit will be identified as the renewal processor. This individual will use the Internet Charter Renewal system to identify returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual.
The supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. System is not compatible with a Mac Computer.
Each district of the council will conduct a training session on Internet Rechartering. Some districts will incorporate this into their Roundtable program plan, while others may hold specific sessions to share the information on this important task. The renewal processor from each unit must be in attendance, and complete the training.
Additionally, a tutorial and on-line help resources are available.
To renew your unit charter on-line:
- Ninety days before your unit’s expiration date, select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct. This person also needs access to the internet.
- The renewal processor attends the district training session to learn about Internet Rechartering.
- Your unit charter renewal booklet is distributed to the unit leadership as it has been in the past, but includes an access code specifically assigned to your unit. Each year you always log in as a first time user. After that you will go back in as a returning user.
- Ninety days before your unit’s expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now on this webpage and begins the process.
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, or Crew Advisor) and the Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application. The signed application along with any individual applications for new youth members or adult leaders, and materials received in the charter renewal packet, (such as the Quality Unit application), and all appropriate fees, should then be brought to the Council Service Center.
- ALL LEADERS MUST HAVE CURRENT YOUTH PROTECTION FOR THEIR PROGRAM.
Recharter Help Office Hours
Need help with recharter? The Black Hills Area Council is offering two opportunities where you can come to the Scout Service Center after-hours to receive face-to-face help.
November 4, 2017 | 9AM to 11AM
December 6, 2017 | 6PM to 8PM