Do you know of a Leader who deserves to be recognized for their service? Nominate them for an award today! Find out what award they are eligible for here on the 2021 BHAC Leader Award & Eagle Scout Dinner page! All nominations must be turned into the council office by Friday January 15th, 2021.
While there will be no in person Roundtable this month, we will be holding a virtual Rountable via Zoom! Thursday, April 9th at 6:30PM. Please join the meeting at the link below!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 176 236 861
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,176236861# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,176236861# US (Houston)
Dear Scouting Family,
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect local Scouting programs in Black Hills Area Council Please know that we are monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 both locally with our Council Health Supervisor and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following information regarding events and prevention measures is based on the latest available guidance. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will continue to update you on relevant developments, and we appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health and safety.
Status of Council Events
At this time, the following events have been cancelled or postponed:
- Black Hills Area Leadership Breakfast – Originally scheduled March 25th.
- Scout O Rama and Pinewood Derby – Originally scheduled March 21st.
You may monitor event updates here.
Decisions about unit meetings and activities should be made by unit leadership and chartering organizations based on the unit’s individual circumstances and current CDC and local health department guidelines.
BSA Polices to Prevent the Spread of Illness
The Boy Scouts of America continues to have policies and procedures in place that help protect participants from contracting an illness at large Scouting events. These include the Annual Health and Medical Record and the Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist.
Everyday Preventive Measures
Even with those important policies in place, it is critical that we all take these everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Stay home when you feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands before and after doing so.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Do not share personal items such as cups, water bottles, eating utensils, etc.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you should isolate and not attend any Scouting events. People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
Should you have any questions or concerns about a specific upcoming event or activity, please reach out to your local district executive. We will do everything we can to answer your question using the information available to us.
Yours in Scouting,
Corey J. Davis
Please support the Black Hills Area Council and give today! Give through the link below!
It is time once again to recognize our volunteers for all of their hard work and dedication to the Scouting program! Please nominate leaders for the awards listed on this webpage. Please have all nominations turned into the Black Hills Area Council Office by Friday, December 20th, 2019. The Award Luncheon will take place on Saturday, February 22nd!